- Management with a Public Sector emphasis, so you gain a context of today’s public sector whilst learning and developing core skills and competencies for effective management.
- Opportunities to build networks across sectors and agencies from local, state and commonwealth government, to broaden your knowledge, skills and contacts.
- A flexible mode of delivery, with a combination of face-to-face workshops and self-directed study with a two year active period and outstanding support from the SA PSM Program office.
- Recognition of your Graduate Certificate award qualification which can be used as a credit towards further post-graduate studies such as a Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- Your agency will benefit from new leadership capabilities and skills with an enhanced ability to manage complex and ongoing public sector challenges
- Excellent value for money – a suitable, rewarding and cost-effective development opportunity for public sector managers
- receive the quarterly PSM Program newsletter to stay in touch with what’s happening in the Program.
- become an agency contact, to talk to potential participants or support current participants of the Program.
- be invited as either attendees or guest speakers to future networking events.
All PSM Program participants become part of the Graduates Network upon completion of the Program. This allows graduates of the Program to stay involved and in contact with one another through initiatives and events run by the SA PSM Program Office.
Read what some of the graduates have to say about the SA PSM Program:
“I really enjoyed the PSM Program. It was a great opportunity to meet people from other parts of government and hear about their work experiences. It was also possible to learn vicariously by hearing their descriptions of work roles and issues.
Although the Program required a considerable investment in terms of the learning modules and the reading and assignments, I found it very rewarding and it was of assistance in formalising my work knowledge.”
Kaaren Dahl, Department of Health.
“The PSM Program provided a manageable study format that enabled the practical application of theory to workplace situations. The interactive nature of the Program allowed opportunities for learning between participants who work in a wide variety of portfolios and the opportunity to learn about the contemporary issues facing the different tiers of government.”
Stuart Purves, City of Onkaparinga
“My motivation for doing the PSM Program was firstly to gain a better understanding of the public sector environment and secondly to help my career advancement. The Program has helped me to improve my writing skills, utilise research, and become more analytical when endeavouring and solving complex problems. The benefits for me included a strategic appreciation of the public sector as well as assisting in obtaining a promotion. While at times the PSM Program workload and assignment deadlines were challenging, it provided the opportunity to explore issues and knowledge that I had not been exposed to before.”
Julika Oster, Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government